Thursday, January 13, 2005

Relief at Primary School

Quite an experience today... Was called up my a staff from Northview ask me to go and relief a teacher.. took a cab there coz' I still can't figure out where isit located , No doubt I stay in Yishun for so long... reach the school office at about 7am .

I was given a piece of the teacher's time-table.. wow, so many recess, so complicated,.
Well, the 1st glace at it I know I was not dress for her schdule.. head start with flag raising ceremony.. hmmm.. when was the last time I gone thru that??

next I have a hard time looking for the class and teaching 4 PE lessons straight for the start...
lucky the CSO help me with the 1st lesson...guess I have to let them play on their own at the field, coz' I am in office pants and heels :P

The teacher on leave wrote a list of things to do with her class...and piles of worksheets for them. after recess... was the very first time I stand in the class to teach a academic subject...
really no used to the bells... so soft can't hear if the class is too noisy...

The there's an intercom "Is Miss ....AT there?, this is Mr Th" I was shocked! then the students were so excited "Teacher pick up the phone..." I was ask to relief an additional Pri 1 class during a free period... Phew! 30 mins/period class's really short wonder what can they do ...

Enter the P1 class, was like a kindergarten class, they greeted me and were engrossed with colouring and drawing... 1 of the little gal came up to me and hugged me, refused to let go...
gosh what can I do.... use the countdown method to ask them stay at their seats... and i realise that they love to got to the washroom for duno what reason... and they love to linger around the huge fish tank, well, there's no fish in there..

Its quite a fulfilling day indeed...


No comments: