Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Friends In Need...

It just happened that when I logged into my fridae profile "someone" is also online and is on the ::random profile:: ... A liar indeed, I remember the last time she stay over at my house for a comforting moment after a big quarrel with her girlfriend. She asked me to logged into fridae to checkout her girlfriend's profile coz' she doesn't have an account... well, its so shocked to see with my own eyes today "femmpl....Member Since: 19 October 2003" ...

Some flash back about this person that I've known for 4 years and come to me only after quarrel with girlfriends... to her I'm just a 24-hour SOS helpline... broke up with her ex couple of months ago and she vanished into the air... no news of her and one fine day I got a "stranger" approached me on IRC, asking for a brief intro of myself and the "stranger" strewed me up with colourful languages, and logged off... a coward huh? Yes.... this not the end, this person's IP address , username is clearly display as I clicked on "whois" .... it's the friend that vanished for some time...

Back to fridae profile.... I can't helped but to drop "this person" a sacastic mail at her profile" -- quite a crude one.. maybe with some points that she should reflect upon her selfishness. Well, I'm not as generous as my Bb when it comes to giving people "benefit-of-the-doubt" ... when it comes to sincerity in friendship.. some friends are worth keeping for life, and some are simply making use of you... It tells thru' time.. need not be sticky all day long to be friend.

I've come to realise who are people who honestly deserve to be called my friends. And I'm grateful for the comfort and company of my true friends... who've listened to my gripes about my life patiently, offered listening ear and over msn and sms as well.I understand it's hard to be a trusted friend to somebody else.

For everyone who I come across as a potential friend, I've always given my all to them to help them tide through the rough patch. I've also realised that many a time, I'm but just a "habour" in their life, and they are the vessels. I am one of many stops in their journey of life and after a while, they move on, leaving me behind, ocassionally returning to say hi when they `remember'.
But I've never been dismayed with this fact.

To me, one of my main goals of life is to be the most useful habour I can be... So long as I make a difference, no matter how long/short this period of time can be. with this thought in mind, I consistently give all I have to whoever pops into my life.. I am really happy just making a difference, being the Aunt Agony, or temporary company, and help them get over the rough times.

But when I am down, I reach out for help, only to see not many reciprocate what I've given. should I be upset?

1 comment:

your love said...

i agree.